Computer Digital Forensic Engineer / Examiner
SecureData, Inc. is looking for highly motivated, qualified professionals to fill a Computer Forensic Engineer position on a team of Digital Forensic Engineers in Cleveland, Ohio and Washington DC office locations. Become an integral part of a diverse team while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Qualified candidates must perform tasks to support SecureData, Inc digital computer forensics and e-discovery solutions by collecting, analyzing and interpreting digital data residing on networks and data storage devices (Laptops, Mobile Devices, Servers, Workstation and similar) while following strict protocols in order to produce reports that may be used later in legal proceedings.
Candidates are expected to bring expert-level knowledge in the field of Digital Forensics for some or all of the subject listed below:
- Review incoming forensic projects to determine full scope of work and ensure that proper resources are available to complete the project in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collect, extract and analyze all available data from various digital devices and programs, including deleted, hidden and temporary files In-Lab or On-Site while documenting procedures for the extraction using forensically sound techniques.
- Maintain chain of custody and properly document evidence handling/tracking in order to ensure that the collected data is authenticated and may be used later in legal proceedings if required.
- Conduct investigations related to advanced digital forensics including data harvesting, indexing, searching, analysis and presentation.
- Interact with project managers and department heads to provide support to clients for existing and potential future digital forensic projects.
- Provide expert testimony in depositions, trials, and other proceedings – as needed basis.
Qualifications (Key Skills/Experience):
- Computer Forensics Certification is preferred (EnCE, CCE, CFE, CFCE, ACE, Cellebrite, Intella, AccessData, CEH, Digium, Belkasoft, CIFI and/or any other related certifications.)
- 3+ years of experience with computer forensic tools, methodologies, or protocols.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years’ experience in computer forensic and technical investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with forensic techniques and the most commonly used forensic toolsets, such as X-Ways, EnCase, Paraben, AccessData’s FTK Suite and similar.
- Extensive hands-on experience with servers, laptops, desktops, etc (hardware & software.)
- Proficiency with FAT32, NTFS, and EXT2/3, HFS+ file systems.
- Proficiency with Mail Servers such as Microsoft Exchange, GroupWise, Lotus Notes and similar.
- Experience providing expert witness testimony in court is preferred.
- Ability to travel on short notice is required.
- Medical Insurance
- PAID Time Off
- Performance Bonuses
- Company PAID Training and Continued Education
About SecureData, Inc.
Read Our Privacy Statement: